The church is set above the road to the north of Limpsfield village.
It is approached by a double Lytch Gate
The oldest part of the present church building is the tower which is thought to have been built around 1180 and unusually placed to the south of the chancel. The C12 was constructed of ironstone and sandstone rubble and originally consisted of a nave, chancel and the tower.
During the thirteenth century the chancel was extended to its present length. The roof of the chancel (and adjacent Gresham Chapel) are trussed rafter roofs and the nave roof of a lower pitch is a good example of a cradle form of roof.
The 12th Century font was moved to its present location and placed on a new stone base with supporting shafts during the 1870s the Victorian restoration under the aegis of the squire Mr Leveson Gower and supervised by Mr J L Pearson FSM